Living life to the full can create wonderous memories that we will cherish for decades. Unfortunately, strenuous activity, sun-exposure, enjoying hearty meals – they all leave an impact on the body, and as we age, our shapes will see various changes. Post-pregnancy bellies, for example, or love handles, sagging arms, and fatty bulges can leave us feeling unrecognisable to our former selves.
Sky Skin’s specialists offer a series of body shaping and cellulite reduction treatments that centre around a considerable attention to detail, contouring our clients’ bodies in aims of regaining smooth curves once again.
Cellulite Reduction Treatments
The scope of treatment:
- Cellulite Reduction
- Skin Tightening
- Body Contouring
So, what causes cellulite?
- Fat cells: Fat cells enlarge, creating increased volume in area with limited space.
- Fibrous cords: The firm fibrous cords create tension as the fat cells enlarge.
- Dimpling: This creates a "hill and vally" effect on the skin surface which results in dimpling.
Sky Skin’s approach to cellulite reduction
We use VelaShape III in Sky Skin for Body shaping. It is a non-invasive body contouring treatment for reducing cellulite, strech marks and achieving a toned, contoured and well-shaped body. VelaShape technology combines infrared light, bipolar radio frequency energy and vacuum to heat the fat cells, their surrounding connective tissue and the underlying dermal collagen fibres. The process is highly efficient, and the combination of the heating and the vacuum stimulates the growth of new and improved collagen and elastin. The procedure provides dramatic results, making you look and feel more youthful without any downtime or significant discomfort. Typical treatments include 3 to 6 sessions.
- No downtime
Frequent Asking Questions:
- How quickly will I notice a change?
- Gradual improvement can be seen following the first treatment, with the skin surface of the treated area feeling smoother and firmer.
- Is treatment safe?
- Treatment is safe and effective for all skin types and colours. There are no reported short or long-term health effects.
- Does it hurt?
- Most patients find VelaShape comfortable – like a warm deep tissue massage. The treatment is designed to accommodate your sensitivity and comfort level. It is normal to experience a warm sensation for a few hours post treatment. Your skin may also appear red for several hours.
- How many centimetres can I reduce from my circumference?
- In various clinical studies, patients report an average reduction of 1-3 centimetres post treatment. A recent study of 35 patients demonstrated a 29% reduction of the thickness of the fat layer (between baseline and the 1-month follow up) as well as 97% patient satisfaction.
Book your appointment
To book a cellulite reduction appointment simply call (03) 9999 1516. We take appointments from 10am-7pm, Monday to Saturday at our clinic. We offer our services across Melbourne. We’ll be happy to help you achieve your desired skin and beauty results. Contact us today!